YMMV: The Qur'an
- Fair for Its Day: Most Double Standards, e.g about women and men, were rather progressive in their time.
- Nightmare Fuel: Sparsely so, but where they exist, they hit the readers hard. The depiction of Qiyamah (The End of the World as We Know It) as well as Hell is enough to give you existential dread. Intentionally so.
- Paranoia Fuel: It's stated that The End of the World as We Know It (and the Judgement Day that follows) will happen when you don't expect it (it can potentially happen the next Friday), for the knowledge of it is Allah's alone.
- Values Dissonance: That's an understatement.
- Values Resonance: Many ayat about how the universe was created and how it works have echoes in scientific theory, such as the universe being created by a form of decompression (similar to the Big Bang Theory) or all life on Earth coming from the water (a popular tenet of the Theory of Evolution).
- Word of Dante: Defied, shot, and sent to Jahannam. Allah explicitly forbids coming up with your own Fanon and putting it on the same level as Qur'an and Hadith. This restriction applies even to Muhammad.