YMMV: The Prince and the Pauper
- Cult Classic: While a cartoon short to both The Rescuers Down Under and Brother Bear, the film though shorter, arguably has a much more meaningful plot than a lot of the other shorts involving Mickey Mouse.
- He Really Can Act: The film may only be 25 minutes, but Wayne Allwine utilizes them to really bring out the emotion in both Mickey and the Prince, especially in the scene where the king dies.
- Moral Event Horizon: This version of Pete threatening to kill Pluto and abusing his power under the name of the king.
- Tear Jerker: The old king's death. He just seemed so broken, and he doesn't even know he's talking to an impostor and not his son.
- Mickey didn't have the heart to tell the dying king.