- Alternate Character Interpretation: In the World Corp storyline, Trestkon views the moderators not as reasonable authority figures who need Deus Diablo to maintain peace in Forum City but as demagogues who merely wish to keep their grasp on power and cannot accept that a force outside the PDX administration could take control from them. (Interestingly enough though, Scara does not get this treatment and is acknowledged by Trestkon to be a similarly corrupt demagogue in the World Corp storyline—just a demagogue who takes better care of his minions.)
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The music for the WorldCorp endings.
- Also: The music for combat on the space station.
- The ambient music for the Slums qualifies.
- Let's not forget "Looking At You", the end credits song.
- Demonic Spiders: Hoverbots - they take less damage than normal bots (25% of normal) and deal great damage.
The developers claim they willnerfed (into Glass Cannons by lowering their damage resistance to 75% of normal damage) for the first patch.
- Fandom Berserk Button: Filler NPCs based on the default avatar of Gamespy forums will ask questions like "How do I get on the boat?"
- Good Bad Bugs: (The real) Jonas has mentioned that an unimportant NPC sometimes accidentally provoked a particular robot into killing her while the player was in a conversation about whether or not that robot is able to kill at random. This "bug" was found too funny to remove.
- Also before patch 1.0.1 Kashue will call Trestkon a "sick bastard" and attempt to kill Trestkon himself (as a moderator, he is immortal) if you kill anything in PDX... including fish or rats.
- Magnificent Bastard: Scara B. King. Especially in the ending where you side with him.
- Scrappy Level: Shadowcode's fortress, full of traps, areas with mandatory damage (the developers admit this was bad design) and Hoverbots (see above)
to befixed in the first patch.
- The Woobie: NVSHacker
- Nightmare Fuel: What AJ does to Kevo...
- One of Us: The development team themselves. When you reach the offices of ABI, there is a datapad containing tropes from Deus Ex. No. Not listing off consistencies, many of the trope entries located on Tv Tropes' Deus Ex page are listed on this pad. Badass Longcoat, and such (despite the fact that this website barely existed in 04).