Tropers Online: 2,469
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: The Lieutenant of Inishmore
- Crowning Moment of Funny: A very surprising number.
- "It's things like this that do put tourists of off Inishmore."
- "Christy! Come in! I'm in the middle o' shootin' me da..."
- Narm: Entirely on this viewer's part: not being familiar with the name "Padraic," it sounded like "Porridge." Yes, everyone is afraid for Mad Porridge stalking the Irish countryside, bombing chip shops, and avenging his cat.
- Refuge in Audacity: True to form for Martin McDonagh. The play is as violent verbally as it is physically, and by the end the stage is covered with dismembered limbs, blood, and Frosted Flakes — over a cat.