YMMV: The Hobbit (2003)
- Demonic Spiders: The green spiders. Who else? Especially considering they're the descendants of Ungoliant, who is pretty close to a demon.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- You can hear some elves in the background wondering if there are any beardless dwarves. There are some (almost) in the recent film trilogy.
- The presence of a female Mirkwood elf, like in the films, may be an example of this. As is Bilbo warning someone of a goblin attack during the final battle.
- Tear Jerker: The game is mostly a brightly-colored, action-adventure version of Tolkien's book. Then you get to Mirkwood, and meet Corwin, a soldier from Laketown, whose entire party was just killed by spiders, including his brother. The music alone will tear your heart out.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Balfor doesn't appear in the final chapter, despite being a dwarf of the Iron Hills. Dáin never appears either and is only mentioned once in the whole game.
- Beorn's house and Rivendell aren't given their own levels.