YMMV: The Elm-Chanted Forest
- Cult Classic: Has very unique settings and characters, but was only moderately popular back in the day.
- Ear Worm: Come with me and let your fur down. Come with me, just step inside. Come with me and join our ho down. Come with me, just for the ride...
- Ho Yay: Thistle clasps his hands, bats his eyes, and refers to the emperor as "my Cactus King."
- Memetic Mutation: Modern viewers may recognize the mushroom dancers as the base for the Awesome Smiley.
- Ugly Cute: Thistle is green, stringy-haired, pouch-eyed and buck-toothed, but his general niceness and put-upon–ness make him fairly endearing.
- Uncanny Valley: Sunchica in the sequel may invoke this for some. Her coloring looks a lot more...painted, than the rest of the cast, her eyes tend to look lifeless due to it; overall she has a strange sort of artificial look. Possibly justified, since she's a fairy, but still, eesh.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: A very short-lived example. Thistle looks like a girl until he takes his hat off and starts talking. (Actually, even his name sounds more suited for a girl than a guy.)
ShogunGin0: "Cripes! I thought that was a girl!"
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: Half of it seems to be an acid trip