YMMV / The Cries Of Haruhi Suzumiya
- HSQ: By the end of chapter 3, it becomes high, Everest high.
- Narm: Subverted. The scene where Kyon speaks to Nagato's severed head could have been this, but the way it's handled makes it very poignant instead.
- Nausea Fuel: See No Periods, Period.
- Paranoia Fuel: Of course...
- Tear Jerker: Holy god.
- Seeing the SOS Brigade, usually associated with happiness, friendship, and love, being torn apart at the seams in the most horrifying way possible.
- The deaths of Haruhi and Yuki, as well as Rika's Heroic Sacrifice.
- In Tsukuribanashi, the scene where it finally sinks in that Mikuru is terrified of Kyon after he hurt her (hallucinating that she was Rena).
- The ending of Tsukuribanashi, especially Haruhi's death and "Don't leave me."