- Awesome Music: His intro theme The Pinnacle of Flame by Real Faction Music of Castle Crashers fame.
- Broken Base: Top Ten Saddest Video Game Moments is either considered one of his best countdowns because of how it was a serious departure from what he usually worked on or doesn't hold up by the standards he would set in his later videos.
- Catharsis Factor: Apparently, doing his Hades Riffs on his Double Top 5 was this for him.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome:
- His YouTube career as a whole count as one. Initially starting off making text videos in Windows Movie Maker, and then making fully voiced videos with some amazing editing, all the while being the one who kickstarted the trend of video game related countdowns on YouTube.
- Him and Chewie fighting the Demonic Burmy at the end of Top Fifteen Worst Pokémon. Likewise the huge battle involving him, Chewie, and Josh at the end of Top 25 Final Bosses in Video Games as well as Josh's unexpected appearance.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming:
- In the original Top Fifteen Final Boss Battles list, while talking about Malus he mentions how his first time playing the game he shouted "Malus this is for my horse" during the final blow.
- During the Metal Gear Solid 4 segment of Top Ten Saddest Moments in Video Games, when Big Boss passes on and Snake salutes him he then follows with the quote "Here's to you Solid Snake" as a send-off for the end of Snake's story.
- His Top Ten Favorite Nostalgic Animated Series simply for seeing Alex get nostalgic over all of the TV shows he enjoyed in his childhood.
- Ultimately his final countdown Top Ten Personal Experiences With Video Games which aside from being a fitting send-off for all of his fans, allowed him to talk about how video games have greatly impacted his life and what he loves about them so much.
- Ensemble Darkhorse:
- The inclusion of his friend Chewie in Top 15 Worst Pokemon was a well-received decision among his viewers. Many liked his witty personality and the comedic dynamic between him and Alex throughout the video. As such many people wanted to see Chewie appear in a video again and as such he was brought back in two other collaborative countdowns.
- The Beer Guy from Top Ten Reasons Why You Should Drink Beer as seen in Memetic Mutation blow. Would become an Ascended Meme as he would appear in other videos and even one of Josh's countdowns.
- Funny Moment: Hades Riffs on Dusk's Dawn:
Hades: (while listening to an inaudible skit) SUBTITLES, MOTHERFUCKER!! YOU NEED THEM!!!
- Also, Hades Riffs on RWBY Ep 1
Yang: Who's that?
Glynda: My name is Glynda Goodwitch.
Hades (to the tune of If I Only Had A Brain): This show could've been a classic~ Its script wouldn't be triassic~ If it just had subtlety~!
- Thanks to Creator Backlash, he did a Hades Riffs of one of his earlier Top 5s, giving us this
- Also, Hades Riffs on RWBY Ep 1
- Growing the Beard:
- Depends on which of his fans you're talking to. For his older fans its Top Ten Most Despised Characters in Video Games which was the first countdown he narrated vocally, for some its Top 25 No More Heroes Bosses where many have found that is where he began to find a style for himself, or Top Ten Nostalgic Animated Series which was when his countdowns started to become more diverse.
- As his countdown making career progressed he began to literally grow the beard.
- Memetic Mutation: BEEEEER!!!!!!!note
- Tear Jerker:
- His incredibly somber and defeated recollection of the scene in Metroid: Other M where Adam shoots Samus in the back.
- His final countdown, Top Ten Personal Experiences With Video Games, especially if you've followed his material for years.
- As controversial as the countdown has become nowadays, Top Ten Saddest Moments in Video Games generated this reaction from viewers when it was first uploaded. His recollections of many sad moments in video games and entire games that are depressing moved a lot of audiences when the countdown first came out.
- His Draw My Life video which is him talking about how being diagnosed with a depressive disorder greatly took a toll on his life and the things he enjoyed doing.