Creator: The Autarch
Alex Rochon (aka "peanut3423" and "The Autarch (of Flame)" is a Canadian YouTube producer and voice actor. Much like his friend Josh Scorcher, Alex's channel largely comprises of Top Ten lists, although his newest work includes Hades Riffs, where the titular god (marvelously voiced by Alex himself) MST's bad videos.He is also set to voice the character of Ghoulloyd and The Boogieman in the upcoming indie game Fiona Frightening and the Wicked Wardrobe.
Tropes appearing in the Autarch's videos:
- Animalistic Abomination: The Demon Burmy/Mothim, and its patron the Goat of Chaos.
- Axe Crazy: Murders a Burmy for no reason, and in his collab review with Josh Scorcher kills Josh with his Aerial Blades. He comes back to life.
- Berserk Button: Jasper Batt Jr.
- Canada, Eh?: Subverted. He does not speak like a stereotypical Canadian, and his accent is almost unnoticeable.
- The Cast Showoff: Just listen to his "Sloprano" parody in Top Ten Funniest Video Game Characters.
- Caustic Critic: Obviously, of the things he dislikes. Not so much for the things that he does like.
- Corpsing: Happens very frequently in bloopers.
- Deadpan Snarker: Hades, of course.
- Alex himself has a snarky comment ready for just about anything.
- Ho Yay: In-universe, during a crossover with Josh Scorcher, Josh asks the Autarch why he hasn't released any actual content for months. Hades replies that it's his fault, and Alex proceeds to... comfort the god of the Underworld. Josh's face afterward really sells this scene.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: Said word for word at the end of Top Ten Saddest Moments.
- Resurfaces in Top Ten Scariest Twin Peaks Moments, where it becomes a Madness Mantra.
- Large Ham
- Laser Blade: He gained this in-show power in the fight against the Demon Burmy.
- Man of a Thousand Voices: Oh my, yes. Performing the voice of Hades is only the tip of the iceberg.
- Nice Hat: Starting in his Top Ten Worst Bosses video, Alex wears a grey ski cap.
- Old Shame: Sees a lot of his older works like this, especially the infamous double top five he later riffed on, and the Top Ten Saddest Moments.
- One of Us: In his list of favorite Metroid bosses, he actually says "Ensemble Darkhorse," with an onscreen caption confirming that he likes This Very Wiki.
- Promoted Fanboy: He loves old Rare-style 3D platformers like Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong 64. He now has a role in a game made in honor of them.
- Screaming at Squick: Enjoys making people do this as he likes to come up with dirty Double Entendres in his free time and is hinted at to be romantically involved with Hades.
- Self-Deprecation: The first Hades Riffs was on one of his own videos, Top Five Games I Hate that Everyone Likes/Top Five Games I Like that Everyone Hates.
- Seems to be a recurring thing, as he uses clips of this very video when explaining how stupid it is to sell your own opinion as fact.
- Shout-Out: He loves Twin Peaks, and it shows. See also, any story-related video after Top 15 Worst Pokémon.
- Slasher Smile: Gives one when he sees something he's enthusiastic about or when he's about to kill something/someone.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: He curses more frequently than his friends do, and in later videos he stops censoring them.
- Talking to Himself: ...The following comes from the credits of his Top 10 Funniest Video Game Characters list.Alex: Goddammit, Hades, what is it with you and your fascination for interrupting credits?Hades: Oh, but credits sequences are my favorite places to hang out in. They're like bars, you see. If you stick around long enough in them you get to learn new things about all the people who contributed to the fine dirty mess of the evening.Hades: Oooh, someone's prickly tonight. Though, this can't possibly get on my nerves. All I have to do is think about how we're voiced by the same person, and how you wrote this dialogue, amd how you're basically making fun of yourself, and then laugh.Alex: Eh - wh - shut up! You're not supposed to break the fourth wall like that! I am not insulting myself!Hades: Face it, you're me, and I am you. I might as well be your persona. *chuckles evilly* How I look forward to the fan art.