YMMV: Superman: Doomsday
- Harsher in Hindsight: Lex Luthor had invented a cure for muscular distrophy, but withholds it until he can modify it to be more profitable. In Justice League: Gods And Monsters, Lex appears to be in bad need of that medicine himself.
- Ho Yay: Lex Luthor's obsession raised quite a few eyebrows. His interactions with clone Superman in the red sun room don't help matters. It's one thing to use a red sun room and Kryptonite-knuckled gauntlets to beat up a Superman clone, even if it concludes with straddling the supine Superman clone to taunt "who's your daddy", it's another to grab him and wail, "Why did you leave me? WHY?!"
- Nightmare Fuel: Clone Superman walking into a random barber shop and performing brain surgery on himself.
- When Clone Superman rescues the cat, you're not sure if he's gonna return the cat to the old lady or kill it in front of her.
- Squick: Suspicious of Luthor, Clone Superman casually walks into a beauty parlor and sits at one mirror in what at first is a really bizarre scene. He then uses his x-ray vision to spot the kryptonite encased in lead that Luthor planted in his brain. He then surgically removes it with his heat vision and a pair of scissors. We don't see any of this, but it's no wonder one of the workers fainted.