YMMV: Star Gladiator
- Awesome Music: Imposing orchestral tunes really do match the ambiance of the stages in this game.
- Complete Monster: Dr. Edward Bilstein blackmailed a famous fencer/matador into working for him by kidnapping/threatening his family. On top of that, he planted a bomb in his body to ensure his "loyalty." He has less than pleasant plans for the people on Earth, and killed the parents of one the main characters and then turns the father into a plasma-wielding dinosaur. He also uses some denizens from another character's home planet to take over it. Then he orphaned, kidnapped and enslaved a young child who has the biggest plasma power potential in the galaxy. Once his minions have done all his orders, he's going to use their Plasma power for his ultimate weapon. He plans to use his own loving daughter as a guinea pig by which he can breed a new race of humans solely to use their limitless Plasma power to aid in his attempts to Take Over The Universe are another arguable offense. Even when Rain, in her true ending, rebels against her father and decides to become galactic ruler in his place, it seems like that outcome is the lesser of two evils by a wide margin given the sheer malice Bilstein is capable of.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Out of the entire cast, June is quite popular with the fans.
- Ele also has her own share of fans as well.
- Evil Is Sexy: Certain members of the Fourth Empire may or may not count, although Rain, Bilstein's daughter, most likely takes the cake.
- First Installment Wins: The first game is thought of as the better of the two.
- Moral Event Horizon: Bilstein crossed it with Blood and Rimgal, if he hadn't already.
- The Woobie: Face it, after all Gerelt has been through you really want to give this guy a hug...and scream for Bilstein's head for his atrocities.