For the film:
- Jerkass Woobie: Vincent behaves like a grouchy old drunk, but opens up to young Oliver, who eventually learns of the deteriorating elements in Vincent's life (his debt, addictions, post-war outlook, sick wife, etc.).
- What Happened to the Mouse?: The ramifications of Vincent losing all of Oliver's previous winnings at the racetrack are never addressed.
- The loan sharks who come after Vincent are also completely forgotten after they leave Vincent lying on the floor while he is having a stroke. Maybe they thought he was dead?
For the musician:
- Dyeing for Your Art: Kept up white hair for the entirety of her self titled album cycle, even though it was obviously damaging her hair to do so. As of 2017 she's back to either dark brown or black.
- Ear Worm: Quite a few. "Cruel", "Actor Out of Work", "Birth in Reverse", "Digital Witness"...