YMMV: Spirits Of Mystery
- Esoteric Happy Ending: Dark Minotaur ends with Isa dead, and the Dark Minotaur gone, but the souls used to summon him will never return and Princess Mortis escapes. Here's hoping for Spirits of Mystery 4 to figure it out.
- Even Better Sequel: Amber Maiden was your nice, sweet and happy story about a princess saving her kingdom. Song of the Phoenix was about a princess having to save her love and her kingdoms in one evening before the Big Bad could unleash the power of an evil witch. Spirits of Mystery 2 has been commonly praised as the best of ERS Game Studios has yet to offer, earning ERS its first five star review from Gamezebo.
- To put this in perspective, it had fierce competition between Elephant Gamesnote , Blue Tea Gamesnote and Boomzap Gamesnote , all three companies known for making well thought-out hidden object games. It goes to show how Song of the Phoenix was if it beat them all for second place for best Hidden Object Game of the year.
- Despair Event Horizon: Mortis in The Silver Arrow. Distraught with unable to bring Isa to the land of the living, she sacrifices herself and sends her soul to the dead.
- Magnum Opus: Song of the Phoenix been constantly praised as the best game ERS Games has created so far. This has lead to...
- Tough Act to Follow: The Dark Minotaur didn't get as high praise like its predecessors, although this probably is because the game takes place in an alternate kingdom with no connections to Amber Maiden or Song of the Phoenix.
- This could also be noted to Puppetshow: Return to Joyville as it was released just a week after Song of the Phoenix did and wasn't as highly praised.