YMMV: Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
- Critical Dissonance: It's considered to be one of the better Spider-Man video games by fans, but critics gave it much weaker reviews.
- Harsher in Hindsight: In the game, Black Cat shows concern when Spider-Man shows willingness to harm innocent civilians. A few years later in the comics would controversially change her character into wanting to kill Spider-Man no matter the cost, including a willingness to kill innocent civilians if it helped her further her goal.
- Nightmare Fuel: Venom, due to his deep, scary voice and the fact that he takes over the entire city with an army of symbiote creatures.
- Wolverine Symbiote is as scary as it sounds.
- Older Than They Think: The game's main gimmick is the ability to switch between the classic red costume & the symbiote at the press of a button. The same thing was done in the Spider-Man 3 tie-in game on PS2 & Wii. However, it works much more smoothly and instantaneously in this game, since there is no Quick Time Event needed to tranform from one suit to the other.