YMMV: Soul Surfer
- Angst? What Angst?: Roger Ebert and other critics felt that the film made Bethany recover emotionally too quickly.
- Judging by Bethany's account of her recovery, this seems to be a case of Reality Is Unrealistic.
- Which doesn't mean Ebert's (and other critics') problem with the movie is entirely unjustified, either - reality often doesn't make a good story, and filmmakers need to know when to diverge from reality to make the story more engaging.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Marco Beltrami's score.
- Just Here for Godzilla: A lot of people just saw the movie because Carrie Underwood was in it.
- Nausea Fuel: The shark attack scene and the stump can be this to some.
- Special Effect Failure:
- Sometimes the length of Bethany's stump changes throughout the movie. The stump was gotten by photographing AnnaSophia wearing a green sleeve on the relevant arm and then erasing that arm in post-production. The real bite was almost up to the shoulder.
- The shark.