AnnaSophia Robb (born December 8, 1993) is an American actress. Her first role was a guest appearance on Drake & Josh, and her first lead role was in Samantha: An American Girl Story.In 2005, she acted in two big films, Because of Winn-Dixie (as Opal) and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (as Violet Beauregarde). In 2006, she had a guest voice role on Danny Phantom. In 2007, she expanded her acting with the role of Leslie Burke in Bridge to Terabithia, and also sang "Keep Your Mind Wide Open" for the soundtrack album.After that, AnnaSophia acted in The Reaping, Jumper, and Sleepwalking. In 2009, she starred alongside Dwayne Johnson in Race to Witch Mountain. More recently, she acted alongside Melissa Leo in The Space Between, and starred as shark-attack survivor Bethany Hamilton in Soul Surfer. She starred in The Carrie Diaries, a Sex and the City prequel, where she is mentored by Freema Agyeman.
- The Cast Show Off: She did gymnastics in school, and those are her own stunts in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Frequently is barefoot in her movies, including The Reaping, Soul Surfer, some of Carrie Diaries, and her Funny or Die parody of Sofia Coppola's The Little Mermaid. According to her, she doesn't mind.ASR: I loved being barefoot. I felt so free. [...] I got really tough feet by the end of [The Reaping], just running around barefoot.
- Memetic Mutation: Her portrayal of Leslie in Bridge To Terabithia went memetic on several Russian Image Boards, and she was also spoofed often in "The Rock Driving" meme that came from Race To Witch Mountain.
- Ms. Fanservice:
- Soul Surfer spent a great deal of time showing off how she looked in a swimsuit, though considering her character is a surfer, it's pretty justified, though the fact that she only has one arm for much of the movie takes away from some of it.
- Much of The Carrie Diaries features her in figure-hugging dresses.
- Spell My Name with an "S": It is AnnaSophia Robb, not "Anna Sophia" or "Annasophia."
- As well as that, one of her characters is Violet Beauregarde, not "Violet Beauregard".
- Verbal Tic: She tends to say "kinda" very often in some interviews.