* AlternateCharacterInterpretation: Did Lilli have it coming? Was Claudia really that evil?
* AngstWhatAngst: Lilli seems a little too calm for someone who was nearly murdered and has to live out in the forest.
* DesignatedHero: Lilli for some. Then it's subverted when Claudia keeps trying to kill her.
* DesignatedVillain: Claudia has tried hard to build a loving relationship with her stepdaughter, only to be rebuffed, and it's clear that she's been corrupted by the mirror...but like [[DesignatedHero Lilli]], this is subverted as she keeps trying to kill her stepdaughter.
* MagnificentBastard: Claudia.
* NightmareFuel: The first two attempts to kill Lilli that Claudia tries. The poisoned apple almost seems tame in comparison.
** The sight of [[spoiler: the hand of Claudia's zombified baby reaching out from his blanket.]] That ENTIRE SCENE is frightening.
* TearJerker: It's really hard to not feel sorry for Claudia after she loses her baby.
* WhatDoYouMeanItsNotForKids: Naturally, being an adaptation of Snow White, many parents would assume this is alright to show to children. They ignore the R rating and the fact that it's got "A Tale of Terror" as it's subtitle.