We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
- Do Not Do This Cool Thing: Admit it. Some of the girls make their fakery looks quite appealing.
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: What the public thinks of you is your main priority. You must dress to please them and conformity is key. And let's not get started on the Unfortunate Implications of women supposed to be making themselves into "marriage material".
- Fans Prefer the New Her: Ellie got hair extensions in one episode which POD was enraged about. Ellie looked very nice indeed with her hair longer.
- Fridge Brilliance: In one of the "Frost's Fixes" segments, Jenny gives advice on how to make hair look like you've been at the beach. It's very likely she learned how to do this filming the Atomic Kitten video for "It's OK".
- Point-and-Laugh Show: though it's ostensibly a fashion/style programme, it works best when it's this- i.e. when the "fakery" (and attitude of those who hold it) is so Up to Eleven it's entertainingly ridiculous.
- Replacement Scrappy: Ellie Taylor replacing Jenny Frost. Ellie spends so much time trying to be funny that there's less time for the actual makeovers, and she comes across as quite rude and obnoxious when trying out non-conformist trends, or when talking to the girls who are getting made under. Jenny didn't take up any extra time, and she was perfectly sweet to everyone she met.
- Trapped by Mountain Lions: The little segments "Beauty Bytes" and "Frost's Fixes" which don't have anything to do with the contestants.
- Unfortunate Implications: Plenty of people have noted the unfortunate message the show gives. Be Yourself is thrown out the window, be what other people want you to be. And does this show imply that getting to know someone is irrelevant and that we should take the advice of people we don't even know?
- One episode featured a transgender woman called Olivia. The hostess and Pod referred to her constantly as her birthname, Dean, andd using male pronouns, even when Olivia's own sister called her Olivia and used female ones. Her makeover involved being made to go back to dressing as a man because dressing as a woman wasn't "natural".
- Unnecessary Makeover: While some contestants are caked in make-up and false tan and could do with toning things down, a lot of the time someone with original and unique taste is stripped off all originality for the sake of boring conformity.
- Some of the contestants have actually performed this trope on themselves, now in a state where they can't face the public without hours spent in preparation.