YMMV: Simple Minds
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Dream Giver Redux complains to no end about most reissues of Real To Real Cacophony. For years, there has been much confusion about the proper title of the album. The original was clearly titled "Real To Real Cacophony," but most reissues misspell it as "Reel To Real Cacophony," or even more heinously, "Reel To Reel Cacophony." He then goes on to explain how Virgin packaged the album in a glossy sleeve. Which is always the wrong shade of blue.
- Awesome Music: Most of their hits, but these ones stand out the most: Waterfront, Glittering Prize, Ghostdancing, Someone Somewhere in Summertime.
- Catch Phrase: Jim Kerr's shouts of "Let me see your hands!!" During live performances.
- Signature Song: It is interesting that this is different depending on the country:
- In their native Scotland it is "Waterfront" - the song is an unofficial anthem for Glasgow.
- In the rest of the UK and Europe, their anthem is "Alive And Kicking".
- In the US it is "Don't You (Forget About Me)", as it was their only song to top the charts in the US and largely the only song they're remembered for in that country.
- Precision F-Strike: Their cover of "Rockin' In A Free World" actually ADDS one.
We got a thousand points of light,For the homeless man.We got a kinder, gentler,Much more pleasant machine gun hand.Toilet paper, styrofoam too,The ozone layer is fucked up too.