YMMV: Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs
- Ear Worm: THAT GOD DAMNED THEME SONG.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: This show is hugely popular in Germany. Why? Well, the team who did the dubbing job were told to do with the text as they wished and frequently did so. They even admitted dubbing large parts of it while being drunk. Not that you'll be able to hear it, but still...
- In addition to that, nearly all of the voice actors in the German version of the show made a great career. The most famous of them is probably the voice actor for Colt (Christian Tramitz), who is now a well known actor and comedian in Germany. The voice actor for April's father voices Homer Simpson, April herself is well known as the voice of Gwyneth Paltrow or Battlestar Galactica's Starbuck. Fireball's voice actor now dubs Jude Law, Ben Stiller, Colin Farrell or Johnny Depp...
- Hell, arguably the case in America as well. Saber Rider is another World Events "obscure rescue"; it's nearly totally forgotten in its native Japan, but while it wasn't the runaway blowout hit that Voltron was, most kids of The '80s at least remember the name with mild fondness in America (and there isn't a soul alive who can forget that damn theme song) and the show was a modest success for WEP - certainly far beyond anything it managed in Japan.
- And while nowhere as super ultra passionate as the German fandom, Latin-American fans also remember the series rather fondly.
- It may be something in the water. All three Space Western series of 1986-1987 were a hell of a lot more popular in Germany than either Japan or America.