YMMV: Ryse: Son of Rome
- Broken Base: Whether the gratuitous Artistic License – History / Martial Arts falls by the wayside due to Rule of Cool, or if it makes one's inner historian cry and/or rage.
- It's Short, so It Sucks : A major point of contention of the game is that it can be beaten in less than 5 hours.
- Moral Event Horizon: The beastmen go screaming across this line when they burn captured Roman soldiers alive inside wooden cages.
- Commodus jumps across this when he brutally stabs Oswald to death in front of his daughter and hundreds of his people, and then has the gall to demand that everyone kneel before him. Fortunately he gets a rock to the face for his trouble.
- Ships That Pass in the Night: Practically invoked for Marius and Boudica. They share all of five moments on-screen, two of which involve their fighting against each other, yet the end of their conflict has them both lamenting "In another life, perhaps".
- Visual Effects of Awesome: Hands up: Who bought the game just so you could show off to your friends how pretty it is?
- The UK Official Xbox Magazine had a list of fake Xbox achievements. One of them was "Spent two hours examining the wall textures in Ryse."