YMMV: Risky Business
- Awesome Music: Bob Seger. "Old Time Rock and Roll." If you got the hardwood floor, you may strip to your underwear, socks and pink business button-shirt, and proceed to dance.
Joel's Dad: A preponderance of bass, perhaps?
- The soundtrack by Tangerine Dream.
- Best use of Muddy Waters' "Mannish Boy"... well outside of GoodFellas.
- Mixed in are songs from that time period by Journey, Prince, and oh yeah Phil Collins' "In The Air Tonight" which was required by law to be on every soundtrack between 1982 to 1987.
- Best Known for the Fanservice: The movie is remembered for two things: The "Risky Business" Dance, and Rebecca De Mornay's sex scenes with Tom Cruise. (Well, men who were teens when the movie came out remember them fondly. They may seem a little tame by today's standards.)
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop
- Signature Scene: Tom Cruise dancing, in socks, underwear, and business shirt, to "Old Time Rock and Roll", so much so that it has it's own trope.
- Values Dissonance: Unprotected sex with hookers = harmless fun / male rite of passage.
- The movie came out just before the AIDS/ HIV scare went nationwide.