Manga: The Demian Syndrome
The Demian Syndrome is a Boys Love Manga by Oki Mamiya.Azuma and Takayama used to be really close friends as children, until one day Takayama disappears to the USA without telling Azuma. Unable to forget about Azuma, Takayama returns years later and enrolls in Azuma's school. He finds his old friend cold and unwilling to restart any kind of relationship... but why? Takayama is a light hearted, happy guy who gets along with everyone around, even though Azuma's odd behavior hurts him. Azuma is cool and distant, and seems not to care about anything around him...
This work provides examples of:
- The Ace: Azuma, but his issues make him a Broken Ace.
- Arc Symbol: The Sparrowhawk drawing.
- Batman Gambit: Takayama volunteered to coordinate his cohort's festival activities (and consequently got himself into trouble) to get Azuma to stay around him. It works like clockwork. Several people such as Kurachi have worked it out that if Takayama is involved, Azuma will show up.
- Bridal Carry: Azuma carries Takayama like this in Chapter 2 after the latter injured himself in a soccer game.
- Cast Full of Pretty Boys
- Childhood Friend Romance: Azuma and Takayama knew each other since they were kids.
- Disappeared Dad: Azuma's biological dad.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Both leads.
- Fiery Red Head: Kurachi
- Ice King: Azuma. Tasuku before Shiba intervened
- Ill Boy: Takayama when he was younger.
- Japanese Christian: Jouhoku is a Christian school.
- Jerkass Fašade: Azuma towards Takayama. Still it does not take long for people to figure out that Takayama is very special to him.
- Missing Mom: Takayama's mom
- Over-the-Shoulder Carry: Azuma has carried Takayama like this at least twice.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Azuma was much nicer and more open to people before Takayama moved away.
- Will They or Won't They?: The series.