- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Dr. Helmer Hannibal lecturing the Danish nation from the hospital roof while looking at Sweden through his binoculars.
Dr. Helmer: Here, Denmark. Excreted from limestone and water. There, Sweden. Carved in granite... Danish scum... DANISH SCUM!!!!!Dr. Helmer [later episode] (reaching out towards the Swedish nuclear power plant across the sound): With plutonium we'll get them yet...DANISH SCUM!!!!!
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Several, but arguably topped by the way everything that can possibly go wrong goes wrong when the Minister of Health visits the hospital at the climax of Riget I to see "Operation Morning Air" for himself - complete with walking into the middle of an exorcism carried out mid-corridor with improvised tools. Also just about any scene featuring Dr. Helmer.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Despite his Dane-detesting attitude, arrogance and villainy, Dr. Helmer became an instant favourite with the viewers.
- Memetic Mutation: "DANSKJÄVLAR!!!" remains a very popular saying in both Sweden and Denmark today.
- Moral Event Horizon: Some of the things Helmer does to hide his serious screw-ups might qualify as crossing it.
- Narm: Occasionally the timing and special effects can lend some humor; a good example is the unintentionally campy clip of Bongo in slow motion, with red glowing eyes, at the end of episode 2.
- Nightmare Fuel:
- The Woobie: Mona and Mary. And Little Brother.