- Ambiguously Brown: Misha. He plays this for laughs, often referring to his ethnicity as being "brown".
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The 50s-esque announcer introducing the band members at the end of "Icarus Lives!"
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Much of their debut album, but Letter Experiment takes the cake with a truly epic chorus capped off by Bulb's most heartfelt lead guitar work to date.
- Ear Worm: "I'm neither angel nor a demonspawn..."
- Face of the Band: Guitarist/producer/programmer/songwriter Bulb, who formed the band and is undoubtedly one of the most iconic musicians of the djent scene.
- Matt Halpern is a close second, particularly for his work with Animals as Leaders and helping to found Bandhappy.
- I Am Very British: Nolly unintentionally falls into this. Not only is he the one British person in a band of Americans, but he has an accent that could be deemed as being posh. Also subverted, as he is half-Egyptian.
- Mixed Ancestry: 3 band members with this: Mark (American/Filipino), Nolly (British/Egyptian) and Misha (Not even he knows himself)
- Renaissance Man: Nolly. Not only is he a ridiculously good guitarist and bassist, but he is also very skilled at production, audio engineering and photography. Oh, and he also did a degree in Theoretical Physics before dropping out 2 years in to go to music school. Nolly's tendency to be awesome at pretty much everything has almost become an Ascended Meme.
- Replacement Scrappy: As noted on the main page, Spencer Sotelo has the lion's share of Hatedom directed towards him. A small contingent also worried about Mark Holcomb joining the band, especially given the release of "Passenger", worried that they'd have to sit through rehashes of Haunted Shores.
- Signature Song: Icarus Lives.