YMMV: Peace on Earth
- Award Snub: This short lost an Academy Award to the Silly Symphonies short "The Ugly Duckling". Thankfully, it got better awards later on. It won the Nobel Peace Prize (the only cartoon to ever do so) and is number 40 on Jerry Beck's list of the 50 Greatest Cartoons.
- Fridge Brilliance: "The bucktoothed people started shooting at the flat-footed people..." A squirrel would likely only recognize Doughboys with bad teeth shooting up German soldiers with fallen arches; and be totally ignorant of the greater political story behind the conflict.
- Nightmare Fuel: The war and the humans.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: It certainly took some courage to speak out against war in 1939, though the U.S. being neutral at the time probably helped. A couple of years later, every animation studio would be producing wartime cartoons that glorified war and demonized the enemy in outrageous and (these days) politically incorrect ways.
- Values Resonance: Enough to warrant a remake being made during the Cold War.