- Cargo Ship: Isao Oota gets a Nosebleed from seeing a gigantic machine gun mounted on his Patlabor mecha as a thank you from the US military.
- Ear Worm: Try listening to "Sono mama Kimi de Ite" without the track and the chorus getting stuck in your head. You're welcome.
- Name's the Same: A big hunk of metal with the name Alphonse? What are the odds?
- So Bad, It's Good: The voice acting in the English dub of the TV series (including Dan Green). Most of the actors, frankly, sound like a bunch of untrained yahoos the studio pulled in off the streets, though they do try. There's actually a bit of Fridge Brilliance with the voicework, though, as the shoddy quality actually fits with the bored, underfunded, under-disciplined nature of Section 2.
- Superlative Dubbing: The first two films' Manga Entertainment dubs are excellent, but especially the dub for the second film, and Peter Marinker's turn as Goto is the best of any English voice actor.