open/close all folders
- Crosses the Line Twice: Red Skull's last words before Logan chops his head off? "Don't make me laugh. You haven't got the guts."
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Many, but highlights include:
- Logan killing Red Skull (with Captain America's Shield no less!)
- Logan escaping the White House with the Iron Man suit.
- The rampage against the Hulk Gang.
- Hawkeye killing things despite being blind.
- And on the villains' side we have Mysterio, a villain who was mostly considered harmless if he wasn't backed by a team, being responsible for the death of all the X-Men and for completely breaking Wolverine for 50 years. Horrifying, yes, but also a very big accomplishment for a "harmless" villain.
- The Venom symbiote merged with a Tyrannosaurs. Nothing else needs to be said.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Rare in this series, but between Logan and his daughter Jade.
Logan: I love you, baby girl.Jade: I love you too, Pa.
- Fridge Horror: When you think about it, the creation of the Hulk Gang probably isn't something Jenny was too crazy about.
- Hulk also mentions "She Hulk was the only woman out there who could take the damn pace!", so it's likely she wasn't the first he tried this with...
- Idiot Plot: Mysterio tricking Wolverine into slaughtering the other X-Men, somehow overriding Wolverine's Super Sense in process. Not to mention the fact that half the X-Men could wipe the floor with him. Somewhat justified in that he took them by surprise and the X-men were inclined to attempt to not kill him, which Mysterio lampshades. Also, Mysterio has been known to develop chamicals that work their way around supersenses.
- Love It or Hate It: Some reader love this story and find all very cool while others consider a stupid, needlessly ugly and badly written comic.
- Moral Event Horizon:
Banner "Who else was I gonna mate with besides my first cousin? Jenny She Hulk was the only woman out there who could take the damn pace!"
- Bruce Banner's Face–Heel Turn began with the conception of the Hulk Gang.
- In the backstory we have Mysterio tricking Wolverine into slaughtering the other X-Men than dropping the illusion just in time for Logan to see and hear Jubilee, the X-Men he's always been closest to, gasping out her final words. Damn.
- Nightmare Fuel: A... rather healthy amount:
- There's a city made out of Giant Man's corpse.
- Mysterio tricking Wolverine into murdering the entirety of the X-Men. Given that he's widely considered an Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain it's pretty stunning.
- Red Skull apparently killed Captain America by popping his eyes.
- The entire Hulk Gang in general, especially their conception.
- Hulk himself is terrifying. All his morality and sanity have been destroyed, leaving him a gleefully homicidal rapist.
- One-Scene Wonder: Mysterio appears once for about four panels total, but what he does in those four panels... holy shit...
Mysterio: My name is Mysterio, master of illusion. My thanks on behalf of the criminal community.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: A future where supervillains have conquered America and the heroes are all but extinct....but at the end we see just two supervillain in all the story.
- X Meets Y: Wanted meets Unforgiven.
- Moral Event Horizon: Some think Logan crossed it when he killed Black Butcher for something he didn't even do yet.
- The Woobie: It's not hard to feel sorry for Logan when he's lost so much and is so lost in this new world. He himself isn't even sure if it's the past he remembers, and is just grasping at straws, looking for some kind of direction. He tries to kill the new Hulk, who only acts in self-defense and even wants to help Logan, but Logan just runs. He goes as far as to visit Hawkeye, since the two are friends in his timeline. But in the current universe? They've never even been close, so he's in for a rude awakening.