YMMV: Never Had A Friend Like Me
- Crack Pairing: While very short-lived, Sanjay and Trixie. A Genie Did It
- The Cutie: To some readers, Amanda is this. It helps that she's very shy and wears an over-sized sweater and bow.
- Fanon Discontinuity: The story began before the series was Un-Cancelled and the latest season was shown. Thus, Sparky the fairy dog is not included as the writer continues.
- Based on the Distant Finale shown in the last chapter, the live-action movies are also ignored.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The idea of using a volcano as a way to destroy magical objects and Timmy almost dying by an anti-fairy dropping him into lava showed up in this story a few months before the premiere of A Fairly Odd Summer.
- The Woobie: Amanda... Her parents are well to do, but totally neglect her, seeing any attempt at interaction with her or spending any cent on her to be a waste of time and money. And they've told this to her face so often that she knows it by heart. As a result her self-esteem is so low, she doesn't feel she should be upset by it, so she can't qualify for a Fairy Godparent, and sees Timmy's parents as perfect . Even Norm feels sorry for her, and a lot of his development comes from realizing that he would torture such a girl in the first place. Her reaction when Timmy tells Amanda the truth about Norm is just heartbreaking. Thankfully Timmy's friendship, and Norm's own growing affection help her get better.