YMMV: Never Had A Friend Like Me
- Crack Pairing: While very short-lived, Sanjay and Trixie. A Genie Did It
- The Cutie: To some readers, Amanda is this. It helps that she's very shy and wears an over-sized sweater and bow.
- Fanon Discontinuity: The story was started before the series was Un-Cancelled and the ninth season was shown. Instead, the story is set sometime after "Timmy's Secret Wish." Thus, Sparky the fairy dog from "Fairly Odd Pet" wasn't used. Nor was Chloe Carmichael, the character that is planned for Season 10.
- Based on the Distant Finale shown in the last chapter, the live-action movies are also ignored.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The idea of using a volcano as a way to destroy magical objects and Timmy almost dying by an anti-fairy dropping him into lava showed up in this story a few months before the premiere of A Fairly Odd Summer.
- Moral Event Horizon: Amanda's Parents parents manage to make her cry on Christmas morning. You will cheer when Norm immediately gives the pair the flu in retaliation.
- The Woobie: Amanda... Her parents are well to do, but totally neglect her, seeing any attempt at interaction with her or spending any cent on her to be a waste of time and money. And they've told this to her face so often that she knows it by heart. As a result her self-esteem is so low, she doesn't feel she should be upset by it, so she can't qualify for a Fairy Godparent, and sees Timmy's parents as perfect . Even Norm feels sorry for her, and a lot of his development comes from realizing that he would torture such a girl in the first place. Her reaction when Timmy tells Amanda the truth about Norm is just heartbreaking. Thankfully Timmy's friendship, and Norm's own growing affection help her get better.