Heartwarming: Never Had A Friend Like Me
Never Had A Friend Like Me
- The entire evolution of Norm and Amanda's relationship. He goes from his usual low view on humanity to eventually serving as a semi-parental figure. And considering her actual parents, the Jerkass Genie is an improvement.
- Norm fixing Amanda's teddy bear after bullies destroy it - and this is before he acknowledges that he's actually starting to care for her.
- Timmy offering the new student at his school friendship, even if it was originally just on a trial run.
- Norm providing Amanda a dress for the school dance, no strings attached.
- When offered the one thing he wants more than anything else in the world, Norm turns down Amanda's inital offer to free him until she at least uses her second wish.
- Christmas Eve.
- Timmy, Cosmo, and Wanda hugging Amanda after she makes a wish to protect Poof so he won't vanish from existence whenever Timmy loses his fairies in the future. Doubles as a Crowning Moment of Funny when Poof hugs Norm.
- I don't know about any of y'all but it hit me straight in the heart to see Norm basically picking her up and cradling her as if she were his daughter after the Pixies and the Anti-Fairies tried to kill her because it was convenient for them.
- Amanda hugging Norm after Bob has been defeated and getting a hug in return.
- Especially heart-warming because previously everyone thought Norm was dead.
- What, no love for the ending scene? I dunno about you guys, but it tore me up inside with the way Norm reacted to Amanda dying, and then the way he fixed it.
- In Tales as Old as Time, Amanda tells Remy that she is not ignorant or useless, showing she is taking what Norm, Timmy, and her new friends have told her to heart, now believing she has some self-worth, though her parents still need to learn that.
- Going even further, when standing up for herself to Remy, she thinks of a way to prove her point by springing upon a loophole she used in the original story, and does it in a fashion that Norm would be proud of. This shows that she is picking up some of Norm's mannerisms and tricks, indicating that they have gotten so close to the point that Norm is rubbing off on her.