YMMV: Nan Quest
- Counterpart Comparison: With her backstory, Anna is, in the end essentially Nan with her flaws accentuated.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: After Nan learns that she must sacrifice one of her friends, Pablo and Santiago immediately volunteer. In desperation, she looks to Kim... who only gives an incredulous look followed by "Don't look at me. I wanna live." Mood Whiplash certainly, but a much-needed bit of levity nonetheless.
- Evil Is Cool: The Pilgrim◊ and the Padre.◊
- Fridge Horror: It's pretty much the author's signature.
- By the end of the adventure, we learn that Nan continuosly relive the memories of one of the fallen guests from the hotel. The first time she does that, she wakes up as Henry's wife. Now think about why he becomes the Pilgrim...
- The reader also learns by the end that Henry gets stark naked to don the Pilgrim's costume. And that's exactly how he is found as, when introduced to the story...
- Nightmare Fuel: Plenty:
"I made a mistake...
- Basically every time the lights go out, and, sometimes, when they turn on.
- The monstrosity that lives in Henry's room sometimes. It's around 8 feet tall, covered in ragged hair and caked blood. When the room is viewed from the outside, bloody chains are laid across the door and are visibly straining against a force from the other side.
- The boiler scene, dear sweet god the boiler scene.
- We have discovered a note numbered 466. NAN I WON'T LET YOU LEAVE Keep in mind that was probably written in 1828.
- The scene where we actually meet the Pilgrim first hand...And we see Anna's FACE! Dear, sweet Lord, her FACE! Dios mío.
- Both the Padre and the Pilgrim are pretty much the epitome of HIGH OCTANE NIGHTMARE FUEL UNLEADED.
- Pablo's little freakout◊:
It wasn't supposed to be like this...
But, now you're back!
Now I have a second chance!"
- Anderson needs to calm down◊.
- Schedule Slip:
- Between 2012/11/30 and 2013/02/24.
- 2013/04/08 to 2013/07/08.
- Most significantly, 2013/08/25 to November 2014.
- The Woobie: Lorenzo gives off this impression even from the start, then we find out about his role in the sacrificial ritual. He had to watch all these people voluntarily burn to death, some of whom he probably knew well.