YMMV: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 02 E 12 Godzilla Vs Megalon
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Parodied. "It's Oscar Wilde!"
- Ho Yay: "You've said it, my little hard-bodied bachelor friend!"
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: This episode was initially released in the Volume 10 set from Rhino home video, but was pulled almost immediately when it turned out they hadn't properly secured the rights. They later released a version that had the Godzilla episode replaced with The Giant Gila Monster, and made that episode available to those who already had the original set. This version was called "10.2", and featured a reunion video where Dr. Forrester chews out TV's Frank for not properly securing the rights to the "Japanese Giant Lizard Monster Movie" (while instructing those who had the original box set on how to "dispose" of the offending DVD and insert the replacement into the set).
TV's Frank: Hey, it's not my fault, I don't speak Japanese. Toho said "no-ho", and I thought they meant "yes"!
- You Wanna Get Sued?: During the reunion movie, everyone conspicuously avoids saying "Godzilla Vs Megalon". Dr. Forrester opts for "Japanese Giant Lizard Monster Movie", while both Frank and Joel just refer to "(mumble) Vs. (unintelligible)".
- Memetic Badass: "Rex Dart, Eskimo Spy!"
- "Weird Al" Effect: The "Orville Popcorn" host segment is a parody of The SFM Holiday Network, a syndicated film program that was a staple of US independent TV stations in The '80s. For a while they had Orville Redenbacher and his twentysomething grandson Gary serve as hosts, with extremely corny host segments that were just extended ads for Orville Redenbacher Popcorn.