YMMV: MLP: Friendship Is Magic S2 E11 "Family Appreciation Day"
Return to the main page
- Accidental Innuendo: Filthy Rich is embarrassed by his first name simply because... well... it means "mucky" or "messy" after all but it isn't hard to think it also makes him sound like a porn star... especially when he just gets "Filthy".
- Aluminum Christmas Trees: While it is usually a carnival sideshow stunt and involves a queen bee in a box under the chin, bee bearding is actually done in real life and is generally safe for the bearder.
- Crazy Awesome: Granny Smith in her own senior-citizen fashion; what looks like old person dementia is really a series of rituals she developed to make the zap apple harvest a success.
- Dude, Not Funny!: It's more than slightly implied that Granny Smith has the pony equivalent of Alzheimer's or at least the early stages thereof. Seeing Diamond Tiara making fun of her forgetfulness seems cruel and sad in this light, which is even more a reason why Filthy Rich is furious at his daughter. It would also explain why she wants Apple Bloom to learn the secret technique of making Zap Apple jam.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- The fact that the Granny Smith's family founded Ponyville makes the fact that Applebloom is mayor in this fanfic kind of funny in hindsight.
- Sweetie Belle also mentioned such an idea way back in "Call of the Cutie".
- Nightmare Fuel: The Timber Wolves are surprisingly scary-looking.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: Fillies In Bunny Suits while singing the alphabet.
- Uncanny Valley:
- While the Flash objects animated in this show tend to be seamless, the Timberwolves have a deliberately reduced rendering that makes them look more like leather shadow puppets come to life, lending an additional otherworldly air to them. Fridge Brilliance sets in if you know that some Eastern cultures did use shadow puppets as a media for retelling ancient tales.
- Despite her dialogue being adorable, Apple Bloom's smile in this clip falls squarely into this trope, to the point of Nightmare Fuel. That it looks eerily similar to artwork for a certain notorious fanfic, a sequel to which featured Apple Bloom, doesn't help at all.