YMMV: Mr. Magoo
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Is Magoo's nephew Waldo an idiot, or is he an ordinary high school or college student who isn't allowed to get a word in edgewise. In The Mr. Magoo Show, when Waldo is cast as sidekick to scheming Presley, the former's definitely the case. The original theatrical shorts, and especially the movie, tend toward the latter.
- He Really Can Act: In universe Magoo is actually an accomplished actor despite his visual problems.
- Out of universe, Jim Backus sings a truly heartwrenching song in the Christmas Carol.
- Nightmare Fuel: In Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol, there are some truly frightening scenes when the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come shows up, such as when Scrooge sees the undertaker, the charwoman, and the maid selling his wretched goods off to the pawnbroker with much twisted glee all around. Really, for a kid's cartoon from the 1960s, they were downright vile.
- Tear Jerker: Young Ebeneezer's song in the Christmas Carol (which gets an equally—if not more—heartbreaking reprise by adult Ebeneezer later; bet you never thought Jim Backus would make you cry).
Where is the voice to answer mine back?Where are two shoes that click to my clack?I'm all alone in the world.