YMMV: Mother 4
- Author's Saving Throw: After repeatedly missing several stated release dates, the Mother 4 team finally announced they wouldn't be stating anymore possible release dates until they knew damn well the game was ready for release. To quell any angry fans over this, they started to become more open about the game in such aspects as gameplay, plot, settings, and other such things on their blogs, in addition to starting up weekly blog updates when previously they only updated every other few months.
- Awesome Art: As expected of a(n even fanon) MOTHER series game, the pixel art is top-notch.
- Broken Base: Everything about the game, from the graphics to the dialogue to the title, is debated among fans, all based on a single trailer. Being an even remotely promising Fan Sequel in a highly regarded series where the last official game is widely regarded as one of the best games ever made likely has something to do with it.
- Crowning Music of Awesome:
- So far even with little information of what is going to be in the game and where it's music will play, there are already quite a few catchy music tracks that have been revealed and made for the game examples are on here and here
- Each character has their own level up tune and when characters are leveling up simultaneously the themes make the song "larger". Awesome music indeed.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: A lot of people are hyped about the Modern Mind, despite having only appeared in a single trailer thus far.
- Funny Moments:
Age: Buzz offHometown: What are you, a cop?Favorite Thing: Dishwashers note
- On the site, hovering over the character sprites reveals their age, hometown, and favorite thing. Then there's Leo's:
- The gameplay trailer lists all of the things you can do in Mother 4. One of these includes "Be a drag", which is followed by a clip of Travis walking around with Floyd being dragged along the ground behind him.
- Better yet, when Travis comes across a dumpster while doing so, he briefly turns to look at Floyd as if contemplating the obvious.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The development team's stated goal of June 2015. Come the April 2015 Nintendo Direct's announcement of a certain young lad's inclusion in the newest Smash Bros. game...
- Nightmare Fuel: Arguably the teaser, since its sound effects are unsettling and the music goes from somewhat creepy to very evil-sounding. However, this was probably their intention.
- Memetic Loser: Floyd seems to be gaining this representation in the fandom, due to him being dragged along in the gameplay trailer.
- Smoking Is Cool: Presumably Leo. Seen in the video link above, Leo is a smoker. And given the nature of any playable character in the Mother series being able to do some pretty badass things, from a monkey breaking a tank to a child destroying the essence of evil itself, Leo can be interpreted as this.