YMMV: Mary Worth
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Is Mary Worth a wise old woman or a meddling old she-devil?
- Arc Fatigue: To quote CC's Quote of the Week: "...Where's the fire, there, Sparky? So far in 2010 there's been at least a solid four and a half months of watching people read e-mail, or think about e-mail they've recently read."
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Aldo, probably to blame on The Comics Curmudgeon. See Ascended Meme.
- Heteronormative Crusader: Got a character who's not paired up with someone of the opposite sex? That just won't do, and Mary will take care of it.
- Although Mary's never actually done anything to show herself as homophobic: it's just that gay people don't exist in the strip. Then again, neither do people with brown eyes.
- Narm Charm: Why The Comics Curmudgeon and his readers seem to adore the hokey strip so much. The author seems fully aware of that fact, and opened up her Cafepress with items prominently featuring Mary at her meddlingest.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: In a recent storyline, it featured a Doctor named Dr. Kaphut who was addicted to heroin. He looked remarkably like Aldo Kelrast and even had the same mustache in his first appearance (Though it was removed in subsequent appearances likely for this reason) if Dr. Kaphut was Aldo who had faked his own death and went to drugs to fill the void that was Mary, and Mary finding out and having to convince him to move on, wouldn't that have been a much better storyline? Though seeing as Doctor Kaphut could always return in a later arc...
- Too Soon: The story arc dealing with Dawn and Wilbur on a cruise in Italy that ended up reenacting the Costa Concordia incident. While six months had passed since the disaster, at the time the storyline started the Italian authorities hadn't even begun the trial of the ship's captain.