- Audience-Alienating Premise: Even people who like this admit the premise sounds deeply uncomfortable. Mentioning it in Yuri Genre circles is considered outright trolling.
- Base Breaker: Both Mariya and Kanako. The first one is either an hilarious troll who lives at the other side of the line or an horrible monster who should be castrated and murdered. The second is either a poor little woobie who is hit with lots of underserved misfortune, or a complete moron who never learns how to not bring said misfortune on herself.
- Ear Worm: The ending theme.
- Love It or Hate It: Because of the premise, people either love the show for its comedic writing and for satirizing the Yuri Genre, or hate it for it's sexist, mean spirited premise and its main characters.
- Memetic Mutation: That one scene from the OP, where Mariya rips open Matsurika's top. It has been re-done/photoshopped with countless other fandoms. Ditto the shot of Mariya playing Matsurika like a guitar.
- The Scrappy: Both Kanako AND Mariya have some hatedom from both sides (the former for being a bit of pervert, and a later being a sadistic crossdresser who manages to fool everyone in an all-girls Catholic high school).
- Suspiciously Similar Song — One of "The Final Countdown" plays during some shocking moments.
- This Is Your Premise on Drugs — It's pretty much Marimite on crack and acid, except for the small detail of being intentionally alienating to the Yuri Genre audience.
- The Woobie: Kanako. Especially when the abuse and misfortune she suffers goes too far.