YMMV: Magic Kaito
- Crowning Music of Awesome: In the anime special pretty much the whole thing, but mostly from "I'm no Young Master... I'm Kaito Kid!" all the way through the escape. Then it takes a short break for the fish scene and kicks back in again for the end credits.
- Ho Yay: Hakuba. Kid. Handcuffs. Discuss.
- Nightmare Fuel: The aformentioned Robo-Kaito supplies some of this, as well as Akako's introductory chapter, where she uses a voodoo doll to drag Kaito away mid-heist against his will by sticking needles through his head and heart. It's scarier than necessary because the needles cause blood to erupt from his head and out of his mouth while he looks up with a zombie-like stare.
- Paranoia Fuel: How do we know that it was Robo-Kaito who shot himself?
- No brain splatter. Which, however, does not rule out that the possibility that the other Kaito is, in fact, Robo-Kaito MkII...