YMMV: Macross II
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Hiroko Kasahara's singing voice may be the X-factor.
- Epileptic Trees: Think about this - Do You Remember Love? is considered to be a cinematic retelling of the events of the series, correct? Then Macross II could possibly still be part of Macross canon, since you could easily interpret it as a direct-to-DVD sequel to the cinematic version.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: In North America, being one of only two Macross sequels to avoid No Export for You status, it was popular enough to get a series of RPG books and an English-language manga sequel. In Japan, it got an arcade game, then nothing.
- Holy Shit Quotient: The Macross Cannon: an Earth-made warship with four Zentraedi flagships strapped on the sides to provide the big guns.
- Memetic Mutation: Dennis' "You don't know anything about culture!" rant, largely thanks to the Gundamn! podcast.
- So Okay, It's Average: The reaction of many Macross fans to this entry in the franchise (though the music is considered pretty good.) .