- Creepy Awesome
- Crowning Music of Awesome: "Hard Rock Hallelujah", which broke the record at Eurovision.
- Fandom Rivalry: With GWAR. Mostly one sided actually - GWAR fans tend to despise Lordi for poorly articulated reasons, Lordi fans either enjoy or don't care one way or another about GWAR.
- It's Popular, Now It Sucks: While the Eurovision victory brought them incredible fame and success, it also alienated some of the old, "hardcore" fandom. Their later album sales in Finland (Babez for Breakfast sold remarkably less compared to its predecessor Deadache) may have also suffered from this after the biggest hype was over.
- Never Live It Down: Their playback disaster, seriously. Fans lost respect for them and their haters got all the more justification for hating them.
- Nightmare Fuel: Their make up makes them look like friggin demons.
- Signature Song: "Would You Love a Monsterman", "Devil is a Loser" and "Hard Rock Hallelujah".
- Vindicated by History: Some Finnish people thought having them as their entry in the Eurovision Song Contest would be a national embarrasment. They ended up winning it.