YMMV: Last Clear Chance
- Glurge: Listen to Trooper Hal or you'll die. Horribly.
- Narm: "Why don't they look?"
- The Untwist: It's pretty clear something bad is going to happen to somebody before this film is over. After all, the short starts outside of a cemetery!
- Twist Ending: However, the short makes it seem like Alan will bite it, not Frank Jr.
- What an Idiot: And we mean that – Frank Dixon Jr. and his hottie girlfriend, Betty Hutchins, waving carefree back at Frank's younger brother, Alan … failing to pay attention to the road in front of them in the first place, but then it becomes deadly when they are so inattentive they are unable to hear the oncoming train … and needless to say, there is the ultimate price to pay. But there are multiple other examples of idiocy – failing to obey stop and yield signs, passing in a no passing zone, driving too fast. And of course, the main theme of this movie … failing to observe safe driving rules around railroad crossings.