YMMV: Kaitou Saint Tail
- Ear Worm: The first opening theme, and also the soundtrack composed by Magic Knight Rayearth alumnus, Hayato Matsuo.
- Also, the second ending Upside Down.
- Harsher in Hindsight: In episode 26 we have a funny scene where Eimi is briefly hypnotized into believing she's a dog. Near the end of the series we learn her hated rival is a creep very fond of hypnosis.
- Macekre: The first DVD dub tried to remove all references to God, including scenes where Meimi and Seira (in nun garb) kneel and pray in a church. The subs were fine, though.
- The Italian dub made a change particularly mocked nowadays: in the attempt to both have Seira act as an actual nun in training (as all Italians would have found jarring the original version) and prevent a nun from being involved with repeated thefts, Seira's character was made in the twin sisters Sara and Mara, of which Sara would be the nun in training that confides with Lisa (Meimi) about the troubles of people in need and Mara the schoolmate of Lisa and the accomplice of Seya (Saint Tail). The change is mocked due both the attempt to preserve the innocence of the nun and it being done sloppily enough that it's not clear if Sara doesn't know or is just pretending and trying to redeem her while telling her from which she has to steal. That, and it's still obvious that Sara is violating the confessional secret, a truly disgraceful act for a member of the clergy.
- Subbing vs. Dubbing: Tokyopop got some criticism from parents when some volumes of the show were released only in Japanese with subtitles, because their young children could no longer follow the stories.