YMMV: Jean-Michel Jarre
- Ear Worm: "Fourth Rendez-vous".
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: It's incredible how many fans Jarre has in the United Kingdom and in Poland (even before 2005's Space Of Freedom concert).
- Misattributed Song: Gershon Kingsley's "Pop Corn" is often attributed to Jean Michel Jarre. Jarre did cover it in 1973, but he isn't the original artist.
- Signature Song: "Oxygène 4".
- Song Association: Seems not to have happened although "Oxygène 4" can be heard in Grand Theft Auto IV.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: Common fan opinion on almost all of Jarre's live releases ever because most of them have been heavily edited, shortened, overdubbed, remixed, even reordered which is the very reason why there are so many bootlegs of Jarre shows. Jarre's first concert to ever find a wide release unshortened was the show in Beijing 2004, and even this only after fans complained and sent masses of mails to the publisher, demanding a full release of the concert. They succeeded—the single DVD Live In Beijing was replaced by the THX-certified double DVD plus CD Jarre In China.