YMMV: Inside Man
- Anvilicious: Vikram's rant about how he is constantly held in suspicion because he looks like he might be an Arab (he is actually a Sikh,) in the post-9/11 world is anything but subtle. Granted, it's a fair point, and the cops did handle him a little more roughly than needed (with the police commander later trying to deny that their little comments about the "Arab" ever happened) but he says all this while he is being questioned (rather politely and respectfully) by two detectives who are trying to get information that could save people's lives, and he seems to care more about bemoaning his unfair treatment at the hands of other people than cooperating with them, making him come across rather unsympathetically.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: "Chal chaiyya chaiyya chaiyya chaiyya..." (Keep in mind, the man responsible for this Ear Worm is A.R. Rahman, who won two Oscars and a Golden Globe for his work on Slumdog Millionaire.)
- Magnificent Bastard:
- Dalton Russel (Clive Owen). He's literally planned for everything, has contingencies in place, expertly manipulates both the situation and the people involved, and gets away scott free.
- Madeleine White is heavily implied to be one as well. When the mayor of NYC calls her a "magnificent cunt", she answers "Thank you". While she seems to be playing for the bad guys, in the end it's clear she does her own thing. The biggest problem with classifying her may well be that we don't see enough of her, and she never really demonstrates any Chessmaster ability.
- What an Idiot: Arthur Case in spades. If you possess evidence implicating you as a Nazi collaborator, why lock it away in a safety deposit box rather than destroy it on the spot?