YMMV: Hope Springs Eternal
- Can't Unhear It: You will be reading every line that comes out of Hades' mouth in James Woods' voice. That is a fact. To a lesser degree, don't be surprised if you find yourself hearing Lisa Kudrow while reading Aphrodite's lines.
- Character Rerailment: The whole point of this fic is to take the Hades from Disney's Hercules movie and develop him into something closer to his original mythological self. Aside from redeeming him and adding his relationship with Persephone, this also includes actually having him use his iconic invisibility helmet from classic Greek Mythology.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Aphrodite's thought on Hades and Persephone's relationship.
"Okay, so it's kind of a May/December-Romance-thing," she announced, (thinking silently it really looked more like a Lolita Complex, though that was centuries ahead of their time)...
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Hades and Persephone's Meet Cute in chapter 5. D'awwwwwwwww...
- Evil Is Sexy: Hecate.
- And Hades himself.
- Nightmare Fuel: Most of Hades' childhood. Even if one excuses being eaten alive AT AGE FIVE, there's also that Hades knows for a fact that his father RAPED his mother frequently.