YMMV: Hidden Talents
- Fridge Logic: Unusual example. What are wimpy, so called "runts" doing at a correctional facility? They appear to only be there for Bloodbath to terrify.
- Cheater was there for apparently cheating on tests all the time. Who's to say the "runts" weren't misbehaving in ways that weren't physical?
- Most of the main cast are explained. Torchie was there for his fires, Trash was there for throwing things, Flinch disrupted class either with jokes or anticipatory reactions to things, Martin annoyed all the wrong people, and Lucky was reported for theft due to his habit of mysteriously "finding" other people's "lost" things.
- Nightmare Fuel: In Book 2, Lucky goes insane from the voices of lost toy soldiers buried in his school's foundation, and actually starts tearing down the school trying to get to them. He then gets committed. Meanwhile, Trash has been kidnapped and drugged for the purpose of experimentation...
- These Look Like Jobs For The Superman: In True Talents, Flinch applies his precognitive abilities to stand-up comedy; by anticipating hecklers before they start, he has more time to come up with witty retorts.