- Crowning Moment of Funny: Louise and Rose gawking at the strippers upon their arrival. The strippers don't seem to mind.
- At one of their first shows, Rose comments about the comedian before June's act about how he would never get anywhere. Who was that comedian? Jack Benny.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: If your production's Rose doesn't tear down the house with "Everything's Coming Up Roses" and "Rose's Turn", she's doing it wrong.
- Harsher in Hindsight: As Louise's fame grows Rose chastises her for not believing that Vaudeville will eventually come back, to which Louise remarks that she'll be dead by the time that happens. In real life Natalie Wood, who played Louise in the film version, died in her early 40s.
- Misaimed Fandom: Fans of some of Rose's songs about empowering herself sometimes forget that she is not supposed to be the one we're rooting for.
- Moral Event Horizon: Rose gets two. When her insane stage mom life drove June to run away from home, and Rose decides to turn Louise into her new project. And when she forces Louise to perform a burlesque show.
- Herby, who had to put up with EVERYTHING Rose could possibly throw at him for years, finally leaves when she makes her daughter a stripper.