- Cult Classic: This game is held as one of the best games on the PS2 by virtually every person who's ever played it. All six of them.
- Ho Yay: Can slip under the radar up until Tablet is explicitly referred to as a boy, thanks to his feminine appearance and voice, but he and Pixel do have their... moments, some of them coming off as coming about intentionally by way of attempts by the former to screw with the latter.
Tablet: I like seeing this strong side of you.
Pixel: (grimacing) Brr! That gave me tingles.
- It's Short, so It Sucks: One of the main complaints of the game.
- Most Annoying Sound: Every boss seems to have a catchphrase/battle call or two, which you'll hear... more than once if you take a while to deal with them.
- Narm: Yes.
- That One Boss: Telepin goes without saying. Also Carlton. Deskel could also count for some. What makes Carlton all the more frustrating besides the fact that he appears so early on is that he's a self-admitted miniboss. ("I'm not really interested in being a boss...")
- Carlton is an interesting case. He's usually called challenging due to him being a Flunky Boss, but if you kill enough of the Mooks then you can level up midfight and restore all health.
- Medium, mostly the second form.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Tablet's voice and appearance are rather feminine. It can take until Pastel calls him the Devil's son for his gender to be cleared up for some. Telepin's gender is also hard to figure out.