- Audience-Alienating Premise: If you are a Warcraft fan, the sheer bias towards Warhammer will be far too much to stomach this fic. The author pretending that any Space marine would have a better grasp of realistic tactics than a warcraft army is a good indication. Hell, read the way some people talk about Warcraft on thus work's main page.
- Arc Fatigue: The later parts of the story suffer from this.
- Crowning Moment Of Awesome: Runs on this trope.
- Crowning Moment Of Heart Warming: There's a few of them.
- Base Breaker: Warhammer fans find this fic amusing were as Warcraft fans are decidedly tepid in their reaction towards it. See Curb-Stomp Battle on the main page.
- Jerk Sue: Let's recap: a ridiculously xenophobic Space Marine finds himself on a planet inhabited by numerous non-human species. He proceeds to effortlessly curbstomp everything that gets in his way, insult everyone around him for being either a heretic, a traitor, or a filthy xeno, gains the attention of nearly every faction leader in both the Horde and the Alliance, and gives them the same shitty treatment that he gives everyone else with no negative repercussions whatsoever. Yet despite all this, and despite the fact that he makes it very clear that he regards non-humans as being lower than dirt, he has somehow picked up an Unwanted Harem made up mostly of non-humans. Is it any wonder he fits in so well with the Scarlet Crusade?
- Yes, actually, because by all accounts they're far too soft for his tastes.
- Avarian is no more xenophobic than is absolutely obligatory for humanity in 40K. You want really unreasoning hatred? See the Black Templars.
- Memetic Sex God: The ladies really want Avarian.
- Squick: There are moments of this in some chapters. For example, Azechral uses the Blessings of Slaanesh to drive a paladin insane with lust, causing him to be lost in a sea of ecstasy that drives him to basically have sex with the mutated, inhuman, and mindless remains of his Mage girlfriend who has been mutated by the Powers of Tzeentch.
- Tear Jerker: The story of the God Emperor. And everyone in the Scarlet Crusade cries at this.