YMMV: Ghost Sweeper Mikami
- Arc Fatigue: The whole Ashtaroth saga takes forever, with a lot of lame plot twists.
Germans Love David HasselhoffChileans Love Tadao Yokoshima
- Draco in Leather Pants: The cast, really, but mostly Mikami
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Luciola. Being Yokoshima's first real love—as in, not the primarily-lust he held towards Mikami—helps a lot, it seems.
- For that matter, Yokoshima himself. Even in-universe, arguably.
- Growing the Beard: After Yokoshima entered the GS Tournament and won his own spirituals Abilities, the series changes a lot. The style changes, giving more screen time to battles and less to Gag and Ecchi. Also, it starts focusing a lot on Yokoshima who stops only being the series Butt Monkey to develop into the series God-Mode Sue and Butt Monkey (at the same time).
- Les Yay: Standard operating procedure for Suzume.
- Strongly implied that Meiko has a crush on Mikami.
- Macekre: The movie's English dub by Manga Entertainment
- Moe: Okinu
- The Scrappy: Poor Saijou...
- So Bad, It's Good: The "Engrish" version of the opening which was sung by Ami Mimatsu instead of Chie Harada, in fact you still have to read the lyrics to understand what she's saying.
- Tear Jerker: This last chapter of the "Death Zone" arc.
- And then there's Yokoshima's Heroic BSOD after having to personally destroy the energy crystal to stop Ashtaroth, even though that zeroes any chance of resurrecting Luciola.